Monday, March 19, 2018

CLOSE TO YOU




Close To You
by
B.M. Sandy

Genre:
Contemporary Romance

Michele
just wants to be set free.

Iain
just might have the key.

Michele
Coffey is on the run. After arriving in Brooklyn four months ago, she
perfected the art of looking over her shoulder. Her only goal is to
make it through another day without being discovered.

When
Iain Sheppard unexpectedly walks into her life, Michele’s first
instinct is to retreat. Falling in love is not in her plan, and after
what she’s been through, she’s not ready to trust anyone yet.
Maybe ever.

Iain
is a rugged, sexy freelancer, born and raised in Brooklyn. After
showing up at the bar she works at one night, he leaves a note,
asking to show Michele the city. It goes against every rule she has
set in place for herself. She wants to forget about him and his
offer, but something about him draws her in. She can’t shake it, so
she agrees.

What
Michele doesn’t know is that Iain knows more about her than he’s
letting on.

The
clock is ticking. Michele knows that her time is running out,
especially after a stunning reveal that draws her and Iain even
closer.

As
their attraction grows deeper, she can’t stop looking over her
shoulder, waiting for inevitable disaster. And she can’t help but
ask herself if she escaped one prison, only to lock herself into a
new one of her own making.

Will
she ever be set free?





CLOSE TO YOU Excerpt:

Being with Iain felt like something out of a dream.
As we rode the subway downtown, he asked me about my week, our knees touching as we sat. I had forgotten how good it felt to laugh and get to know someone new. I had forgotten how good it felt to let loose and be myself.
For the first time in as long as I could remember, a light had broken through the dark clouds flooding my mind.
Iain took me to the Empire State Building first, an elevator shooting us up 86 flights and placing his hand on the small of my back, guiding me out onto the main deck. The wind was brutal, hitting me full-on in the face, picking my hair up and sending it flying. But all thoughts of the wind and my hair disappeared when I followed the direction his finger was pointing.
The city unfolded, like the richest of tapestries, as far as the eye could see. Buildings giving the illusion of being stacked on top of each other, growing smaller and smaller the further away they got. It was breathtaking to behold, and I wanted to somehow bottle this moment and keep it forever.
I forgot the entire world except for what I saw stretched out before me. The city where I lived




B. M. Sandy lives in Youngstown, Ohio with her husband, one-eyed cat
child, Maia, and as of June 2017, a rescue dog named Dorothy. She’s
a lover of books, film, and all things imaginary. SOMEONE TO STAY is
her first published novel.




Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts and a giveaway!



3 comments:

Mary Preston said...

This looks like a wonderful read.

Lori said...

what a wonderful cover.

Lori said...

I love this excerpt. I feel like I am right there with her looking out over the city. I could feel her feelings.
quilting dash lady at Comcast dot net